Top 2 favorite Summer Recipes!
Potato, Leek, and Feta Tart
I love this recipe, and when I've made it, everyone has thought it was great!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
- 2 small zucchini, cut into half-moons
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 Red Bliss potatoes (8 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1 store-bought 9-inch piecrust
- Heat oven to 375º F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, zucchini, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the Feta and dill. Add the potatoes and toss to combine.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll the piecrust to a 12-inch diameter. Slide the paper onto a baking sheet. Spoon the potato mixture onto the piecrust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the edge of the piecrust over the edge of the potato mixture. Bake (covering with foil if the crust gets too dark) until the piecrust is golden brown and the potatoes are tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
Peanut Butter and Chicken Noodles With Carrot and Cucumber RibbonsThis is such a great recipe that is sooo easy to make. I usually use Soba noodles, and whatever veggies I feel like throwing in or have available, raw veggies are better. You don't really need to use chicken if you want to make it vegetarian.
- 1 8-ounce package thin rice noodles or sticks
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 carrot
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot tap water; let soak until soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain in a colander or large strainer.
- Meanwhile, using your fingers, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones. Use a vegetable peeler to make long strips of the carrot and cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, and 6 tablespoons water until smooth.
- Divide the noodles, chicken, carrot, and cucumber among 4 bowls. Drizzle with the dressing.