Pages

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Beginnings....

JULY 05
Welcome to my first blog ever!  I was inspired to start a blog after being convinced by my very good friend Tarryn who has her very own fun blog that I of course follow.  So, to introduce myself I'm 25, married to my amazing husband Jeff for 2 years already, and I currently live in the midwest.  I recently completed my master's degree in physical therapy, passed my licensure exam, and started working full time! Believe me very exciting to finish a degree that felt like it would never end and now be working in a career I totally and fully love in every way. 

 I'm sure that I will write a lot about my career because its a huge part of my life and its difficult for me to not talk about the amazing things I see from day to day.  I work at Barnes a very large hospital in St. Louis, its one of the top hospitals in America and so I see a lot of interesting things.  My long time goal will be to have my own practice someday, hopefully in the Boston area.  Until then, I will be working hard at perfecting my therapy skills at Barnes until my Husband and I can move to Boston. 

My husband is from Boston, MA and its a really funny and embarrassing story as to how we met each other.  I was attending my second year of college at Cottey College (an all women's liberal arts college) and joined a dating site for fun.  It was just for the hell of it because a bunch of my friends were doing it and they had these free trials.  Within less than a day of being on the site I had "winked" at my future husband and we were talking for hours online and the phone within a day or two.  Within a week we were pretty much in love, problem though was that he was attending the Air Force Academy with very limited vacation time.  I didn't get to meet him in person for another 3 months, we met at the Boston airport where we couldn't find each other right away and I believe I met his brother, sister-in-law, and parents before I even met him! 

Well, long story short, he eventually decided to leave the academy and go to school in St.Louis where I had transferred to St.Louis University for school and he started at Washington University.   We found a cute apartment together until we got married and now we live a cute condo with our 3 crazy cats!  So, that's some of my background, I'm sure if I have any followers you'll find more about me as time progresses and I post more stuff, hope its interesting.  I'm excited to share my thoughts, favorite things, possibly some health and exercise advice, and just maybe meet some people with similar interests!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails